Public policy evaluator – Full-time
ADE is one of Europe’s leading public policy evaluation companies.
We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We work for major clients such as the European Union, EU Member States’ aid agencies, the European Investment Bank, the African Development Bank, and United Nations agencies.
Our Evaluation Department focuses on strategic evaluations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid policies.
We aim hereby at assessing public policies and their implementation and providing recommendations for the future.
We focus on high-level strategies and policies, addressing major challenges on the international scene.
Examples of strategic evaluations:
- Evaluation of the EU Gender Action Plan III for external aid (on-going)
- Evaluation of the EU cooperation with Palestine (on-going)
- Evaluation of the EU cooperation with the United Nations (on-going)
- Evaluation of the EU contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals – SDGs (on-going)
- Evaluation of the EU cooperation with the World Bank (on-going)
- Evaluation of the Belgian Humanitarian Aid Strategy (on-going)
- Evaluation of the Belgian International Climate Finance (2021)
- Evaluation of the EU Gender Policy in Humanitarian Aid (2021)
- Evaluation of the UN World Food Program’s Strategic Plan in Zimbabwe (2021)
- Evaluation of the UN World Food Program’s Strategic Plan in Lebanon (2021)
- Study for the OECD on Core Concepts of Blended Finance & Evaluation (2020)
- Designing evaluation approaches and tools
- Conducting interviews and data collection at client headquarters
- Participating to field visits at country level (e.g., 2 one-week missions per year)
- Conducting quantitative & qualitative research and analysis
- Drafting reports and presenting findings in client meetings
- Managing teams and projects
- Participating to tender processes and ADE’s wider internal and external activities
Your skills and experience:
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience, or even more
- Master or PhD, typically in highly analytical fields (e.g., economics, engineering, sciences, philosophy)
- EU nationality or work permit required.
- Outstanding analytical skills, for both in-depth research and strategic high-level thinking
- Fully fluent in English with at least basic knowledge of French; other languages are an asset
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to work in teams
- A strong interest in evaluation of public policies
- A strong interest in development cooperation, humanitarian aid, or development finance
- Conducting complex, strategic evaluations targeting senior decision-makers
- Gaining experience across a range of different sectors, countries, and organisations
- Joining a renowned consultancy, working for the EU, UN, and other leading organisations
- Working towards contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Working in line with ADE’s 4 main values: Excellence – Ethics – Entrepreneurial spirit – Team spirit
- Developing your skills as a professional consultant
- Joining an international team of highly qualified colleagues
- Benefiting from a full salary package, with benefits such as a company car if desired
How to apply?
Please send a CV and 1-page cover letter in English by 27 May 2022 to email@example.com. The sooner the better as we may process applications directly. Please indicate in your letter a possible starting date and the channel through which you learned about this opportunity.
Only applications by email will be considered. Short-listed candidates will be contacted. The selection will include interviews, a case study, and a logical test.