Internship ADE’s Evaluation Department
ADE is one of Europe’s leading public policy evaluation companies.
We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We work for major clients such as the European Union, EU Member States’ aid agencies, the European Investment Bank, the African Development Bank, and United Nations agencies.
Our Evaluation Department focuses on strategic evaluations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid policies.
We aim hereby at assessing public policies and their implementation and providing recommendations for the future.
We focus on high-level strategies and policies, addressing major challenges on the international scene.
Examples of strategic evaluations:
- Evaluation of the EU cooperation with the United Nations (on-going)
- Evaluation of the EU contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals – SDGs (on-going)
- Evaluation of the EU cooperation with the World Bank (on-going)
- Evaluation of the Belgian International Climate Finance (2021)
- Evaluation of the Belgian Core Funding to Multilateral Organisations (2021)
- Evaluation of the EU Gender Policy in Humanitarian Aid (2021)
- Evaluation of the UN World Food Program’s Strategic Plan in Zimbabwe (2021)
- Evaluation of the UN World Food Program’s Strategic Plan in Lebanon (2021)
- Evaluation of the EU Response to the Rohingya Crisis (2021)
- Evaluation of the EU Budget Support to Fragile Countries (2020)
- Study for the OECD on Core Concepts of Blended Finance & Evaluation (2020)
- A challenging internship, as part of your studies
- An opportunity to gain experience within a leading consultancy in the area of public policies
- An opportunity to gain experience with international donors, such as the EU and UN
- An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly qualified colleagues
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors and topics
- Participation in strategic evaluation studies conducted by ADE, particularly in respect of:
– Evaluation design
– Data collection and research
– Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Contributing to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing, business development, project management, and knowledge dissemination.
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Currently studying for a Master’s degree, in analytical/logical fields (e.g. economics, engineering, sciences, philosophy) – student status is mandatory
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Strategic, high-level thinking skills
- Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Strong writing skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Very good command of MS Excel
- Very good level of written and spoken English; at least basic knowledge of French
WOULD BE AN ASSET :
- Knowledge of evaluation of public policies
- Knowledge of development cooperation or humanitarian aid
- Knowledge of the functioning of EU or UN institutions and policies
- Knowledge of survey tools,
- Knowledge of Spanish, Arabic, or other languages
How to apply?
Please send a CV and 1-page cover letter in English to email@example.com before June 30th, 2023. The sooner the better as we may process applications directly. Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date, the expected duration of your internship (the longer the better), and the channel through which you learned about this opportunity.
Only applications via email will be considered.