Internship ADE’s Evaluation Department
ADE is one of Europe’s leading consultancies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We support senior decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialisation include notably:
- Macro-Economic Reforms and Public finance Development
- Finance and Private Sector Development
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations, and monitoring
- Rural Development, agriculture, and environment, and regional development
- Humanitarian aid Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility
Development cooperation clients include the European Commission (various Directorates- General), EU Member States’ cooperation agencies (France, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Netherlands…), the African Development Bank, UN agencies, ministries in southern countries, and others.
Examples of strategic evaluations:
- Evaluation of the EU cooperation with the United Nations (on-going)
- Evaluation of the EU contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals – SDGs (on- going)
- Evaluation of the EU cooperation with the World Bank (on-going)
- Evaluation of the Belgian International Climate Finance (2021)
- Evaluation of the Belgian Core Funding to Multilateral Organisations (2021)
- Evaluation of the EU Gender Policy in Humanitarian Aid (2021)
- Evaluation of the UN World Food Program’s Strategic Plan in Zimbabwe (2021)
- Evaluation of the UN World Food Program’s Strategic Plan in Lebanon (2021)
- Evaluation of the EU Response to the Rohingya Crisis (2021)
- Study for the OECD on Core Concepts of Blended Finance & Evaluation (2020)
We are looking for a candidate with:
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Currently studying for a Master’s degree, in analytical/logical fields (e.g. economics, engineering, sciences, philosophy) – student status is mandatory
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Strategic, high-level thinking skills
- Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Strong writing skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Very good command of MS Excel
- Very good level of written and spoken English; at least basic knowledge of French
WOULD BE AN ASSET :
- Knowledge of evaluation of public policies
- Knowledge of development cooperation or humanitarian aid
- Knowledge of the functioning of EU or UN institutions and policies
- Knowledge of survey and statistical tools
- Knowledge of Spanish, Arabic, or other languages
What you will do:
- Participation in strategic evaluation studies conducted by ADE, particularly in respect of:
– Evaluation design
– Data collection and research
– Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Contributing to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing, business development, project management, and knowledge dissemination.
What we offer:
- A challenging internship, as part of your studies
- An opportunity to gain experience within a leading consultancy in the area of public policies
- An opportunity to gain experience with international donors, such as the EU and UN
- An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly qualified colleagues
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors and topics
How to apply?
Please send a CV and 1-page cover letter in English to email@example.com by 17 November 2023. The sooner the better since applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date, and the channel through which you learned about this opportunity.
Internship based in Belgium.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.