Framework Contract Manager in our Public Finance and Blending Team
ADE is one of Europe’s leading consultancies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We support senior decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialisation include notably:
- Macro-Economic Reforms and Public finance
- Development Finance and Private
- Sector Development
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations, and monitoring
- Rural Development, agriculture, and environment, and regional development
- Humanitarian aid
- Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility
Development cooperation clients include the European Commission (various Directorates- General), EU Member States’ cooperation agencies (France, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Netherlands…), the African Development Bank, UN agencies, ministries in third countries, and others.
The Public Finance and Blending Team is a young and dynamic team which manages the acquisition and implementation of projects in the area of public finance, budget support, and innovative finance.
As it is expecting a large number of new opportunities, the team is currently looking for a Framework Contract Manager to work on the acquisition and management of projects under EU Framework Contracts (SIEA 2018) covering:
- Budget Support and public finance management
- Innovative financing for development
- Sustainable management of natural resources and resilience
- Infrastructure, sustainable growth and jobs
- Human Rights, Democracy and Peace
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in management, economics, public finance management, public administration, governance or related fields in development cooperation
- Excellent project planning, management and organisational skills, with ability to multitask under tight deadlines
- Experience in development cooperation (strong asset)
- Experience and/or interest in macroeconomics and development finance (asset)
- Previous experience in acquisition of projects under Framework Contracts (such as EU FWC SIEA) in one or more of our key areas of expertise (strong asset)
- A solid understanding and challenging interest for proposals development process
- Co-operative and supportive team player with ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Good stress-resistance and ability to work independently
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and French is required; Spanish is an asset
- Between 1 and 5 years of experience
What you will do:
- Prepare proposals for all framework requests in a timely manner, by:
- Identifying high-quality experts and tailoring CVs for specific assignments; developing methodologies and work plans;
- Negotiating and agreeing on working conditions with the experts as well as supervising the methodology preparation process;
- Support the drafting of technical offers/methodologies
- Preparing budgets
- Coordinating and ensuring efficient communication with clients, partners, and experts
- Preparing annual reports for the Clients
- Fulfilling project management tasks, including responsibility for several projects won (backstopping, logistics, contractual and administrative arrangements, financial follow-up, interaction with clients, partners and teams, etc.)
What we offer:
- A full-time position within a company with highly developed expertise and consultancy experience (part-time can be an option);
- A long-term contract
- A full salary package with benefits (pension scheme, lunch vouchers, public transport allowance, travel insurance, company car, etc.).
- The opportunity to rapidly expand your skills (in business development, contract and project management as well as thematic skills in international development and public finance/macroeconomics).
- A nice working environment, within a great team!
- A hybrid and flexible work model.
How to apply?
Please send a CV and 1-page cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 February 2023. The sooner the better since applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date, and the channel through which you learned about this opportunity.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.