Senior Core Team Expert – Team Leader
ADE has recently expressed its interest to participate in a tender for a DG INTPA-funded project. The expected project aim is to focus on improving the quality, coherence and effectiveness of EU interventions in international development cooperation by means of increasing the knowledge and working methods and skills on EU staff in DG INTPA, DG NEAR and EU Delegations.
The project is likely to:
- develop and update methodological guidelines and analytical tools, including
- guidelines for intervention cycle management and M&E of EU interventions.
- establish programming, monitoring and strategic evaluation systems.
- enhance internal use of knowledge and learning through the organisation of training and learning activities.
- Expected start date: April 2023
- Initial duration: 1 year (may be extended up to 3 times)
Brussels & home-based (with ST missions worldwide)
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (i.e., economics, statistics, social sciences, international relations/development cooperation) or alternatively relevant professional experience of minimum 12 years.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English and French. A very good knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese will be considered an asset.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in development cooperation projects
- At least 5 years of experience as Team Leader in international cooperation projects
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation of projects/programmes in developing countries.
- At least 3 assignments performed in the last 10 years in some of these areas:
- Quality assurance of monitoring processes
- Design and use of monitoring and evaluation tools
- Development of methodological guidance and tools for international development cooperation
- Design of programmes/projects funded by a donor organisation/ international financial organisation
- Experience in methodology development, development of training materials or development of management system in intervention cycle management, including quality processes.
Desirable experience (but not necessarily required):
- Knowledge of EU external assistance management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of OPSYS (EU IT system).
- Field experience in some of the following areas: Africa, Asia & Pacific, Latin America & Caribbean, European Enlargement and Neighbourhood countries.
We encourage interested qualified candidates to submit their CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com