Internship ADE’s Agricultural and Rural Department
ADE supports decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing, and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialisation include notably:
- Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations
- Macro-Economic Reforms
- Development Finance and Private Sector Development
- Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility
Our Agriculture, Rural development and Environment Department is specialised in evaluations in these fields, notably within the context of the Common Agricultural Policy, but also in third countries. Examples of recent work include:
- Study on the European Network for Rural Development (ENRD) and the NRNs contribution to the implementation of the EU Rural Development policy (EU 28 for DG Agri (EC))
- Ex-ante evaluation for the 2021-2027 CAP National Strategic Plan Luxemburg
- Support for the design and implementation of the post-2020 CAP Strategic Plan in Wallonia
- Framework contract with the Belgian Co-operation on evaluation of their programmes and projects in the sectors of agriculture, inclusive growth, infrastructure, energy (2018-2022)
- Framework contract with DG Agri for the evaluation studies of CAP measures contributing to the general objectives of balanced territorial development (2017-2023)
- Strategic evaluations for the African Development Bank
- A challenging internship, as part of your studies;
- An opportunity to gain experience within a leading evaluation team in the area of high-level public policies and strategies;
- An opportunity to gain experience in working with major international organisations, such as European institutions, cooperation agencies and developments banks;
- An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly-qualified colleagues;
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors, both in Europe and/or worldwide.
- Active participation in evaluation studies conducted by ADE of various elements of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) contributing to balanced territorial development at EU level and at regional level including:
- Literature review
- Data collection and research
- Support to implementation of surveys
- Data cleaning and analysis
- Analytical support to evaluations
- Contribution to country evaluations in the field of development cooperation (e.g. in Benin for the African development Bank, in main cooperation partners of the Belgian development cooperation Enabel)
- Contribution to other ADE activities, including administrative tasks (contracts preparation, back-stopping), support to proposal writing in the field of agriculture and environment, and general business development
- Currently studying for a Master university degree, preferably in Agronomy, Economics or any degree related to Rural Development, Agriculture and Environment or Evaluation (student status required);
- Experience and/or excellent knowledge of the CAP rural development, agriculture and environment and evaluation of public policies or research programmes;
- Knowledge in evaluation would be an asset;
- An excellent level of written and spoken French and English;
- Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PowerPoint) and advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables).
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong analytical skills;
- Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Organisational and planning skills.
Knowledge of survey tools (e.g. Limesurvey, SurveyMonkey) would be an asset.
How to apply?
Please send a CV and 1-page cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 December 2021. The sooner the better as we may process applications directly. Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date, the expected duration of your internship (the longer the better), and the channel through which you learned about this opportunity.