Internship ADE’s Impact Department
ADE is one of Europe’s leading public policy evaluation companies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium. We work for major clients such as the European Union, EU Member States’ aid agencies, the European Investment Bank, the African Development Bank, and United Nations agencies.
The Impact department focuses on impact evaluations using rigorous mixed-methods approach, from evaluation design, data collection and analysis to visualization and policy briefs.
Working on the edge of research and consultancy, we provide a relevant and realistic design for each situation to measure changes and to assess attribution/contribution. We implement experimental, quasi-experimental design, but also make use of more qualitative approaches such as contribution analysis, qualitative comparative analysis, etc.
Examples of ongoing impact evaluation projects:
- EIB – Impact of gender mainstreaming in water infrastructure project in Madagascar (2021-2023)
- IDH – Impact of Farmfit Africa programme aiming to develop smallholder inclusive business models and transform the market (2020-2022)
- Rikolto – Revision of the design of Rikolto’s M&E system and baseline, midterm and endline evaluations of the 2022-2026 programme, aiming at providing sustainable income for farmers and nutritious, affordable food for everyone (2022-2027)
- WFP – Evaluation of WFP’s Disaster Risk Reduction (RDD/M) and Climate Change Policies (2022-2023)
- Minbuza – Endline Evaluation of the Living Peace Project aiming to reduce sexual and gender-based violence in East DRC (2022-2023).
- SES – Synthesis of 5 impact evaluations conducted for the Belgium Cooperation (2022)
- A challenging internship, as part of your studies
- An opportunity to gain experience within a leading consultancy in the area of public policies and impact evaluation directly used by policy makers
- An opportunity to gain experience with international donors, such as the EU and UN
- An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly qualified colleagues and develop your professional network
- The possibility of developing your soft and technical skills by applying them to a range of different sectors and by interacting with different stakeholders
- Participation in impact evaluation projects conducted by ADE, more specifically:
– Reflection with the team on the most appropriate impact evaluation design
– Preparation of data collection tools using ODK software
– Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis (using STATA, R, Python)
– Participating in report/policy brief drafting, visualization for presentations to clients
- Contributing to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing, business development, project management, and knowledge dissemination.
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
- Currently studying for a Master’s university degree, preferably in Economics, Engineering, Math for social sciences – student status is mandatory
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Solid skills in quantitative data analysis
- Knowledge on RCT design and other impact evaluation design
- Strong writing skills, organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PPT, and Excel)
- Knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g., R, Stata)
- Excellent level of written and spoken English, at least basic knowledge of French
WOULD BE AN ASSET
- Knowledge of survey tools (e.g., Kobo toolbox, SurveyCTO, SurveyMonkey…), Dashboard tools (e.g., Power BI), satellite remote sensing, big data analysis, (e.g., ArcGIS…), visualization tools, Python programming.
- Experience in impact evaluation or/and evaluation of public policies
- Experience in data collection on the field
- Knowledge and understanding of development cooperation or humanitarian aid
- Knowledge of other languages, notably Spanish, Arabic, etc.
How to apply?
Send your application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English to email@example.com the SOONER the BETTER and before December 14th, 2022. We process applications as soon as we receive them.
This is an internship based in Belgium. Please indicate a possible starting date and expected duration of the internship (the longer, the better – min 5 months), as well as the channel through which you learned about this opportunity.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No applications via the job boards will be considered.