Internship ADE’s Evaluation Department
ADE is one of Europe’s leading public policy consultancy firm. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, in Belgium.
We support decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies.
We work for major clients such as the European Commission (various Directorates-General), EU Member States’ aid agencies, the African Development Bank, UN agencies, ministries in southern countries.
Our Evaluation Department focuses on strategic evaluations in the field of international cooperation. We assess the design and implementation of public policies and draw recommendations for the future.
We focus on high-level policies, hereby addressing current major international debates. A wide range of our studies focus on economic and financial governance, in particular macroeconomic and public financial management. The international community often supports reform efforts of partner countries through budget support, accompanied by technical advisory support.
Examples of strategic evaluations dealing with economic and financial governance include:
- Evaluation of EU’s support to Private Sector Development in neighbourhood and enlargement countries (ongoing);
- Evaluation of the EU support to Public Financial Management and Domestic Revenue Mobilisation (to be finalised in 2023);
- Evaluation of the EU’s cooperation with the World Bank (to be finalised in 2023);
- Fast-track assessment of the EU’s initial response to the COVID-19 crisis (2022)
- Evaluation of the EU’s cooperation with Tunisia (to be finalised in 2023)
- Evaluation of the EU Budget Support to fragile countries (State Building Contracts) (2020)
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Currently studying for a Master’s degree or PhD in Economics / Development Economics; – student status is mandatory
- Strong interest in working for a public policy consultancy;
- Interest/Competency in one or more of the following fields: macroeconomic policies and public financial management, business environment reforms, public sector governance and institutional reforms ;
- Outstanding analytical and organisational skills;
- Strong communication skills with fluent written and spoken English;
- Dynamic, fast, proactive, team player, assertive;
- Multitasker, flexible, quick learner, loving challenges, and able to work with tight deadlines and to prioritise your workload;
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of aid modalities, in particular budget support;
- Experience in developing countries (work or travel);
- Proficiency in French will be considered as a significant asset;
- Other languages e.g., Dutch, Spanish, Arabic as an asset.
What you will do:
- Contributing to implement studies in cooperation with aid agencies and recipient governments:
– Contributing to design evaluation approaches and tools;
– Conducting quantitative & qualitative data collection and analysis, at headquarter level
– Supporting the drafting of reports and the preparation of presentions to clients;
- Supporting the management of projects/studies: team coordination, planning, budget, administration;
- Contributing to ADE’s business development (tender processes) and ADE’s wider internal and external activities.
What we offer:
- A challenging internship, as part of your studies
- An opportunity to gain experience within a leading consultancy in the area of public policies
- An opportunity to gain experience with international donors
- An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly qualified colleagues
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant
How to apply?
Please send a CV and 1-page cover letter in English to email@example.com by 17 November 2023. The sooner the better since applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date, the excepted duration of your internship (the longer the better – max 6 months) and the channel through which you learned about this opportunity.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.